October 15th by proautos 0 0
Regular Vehicle Maintenance Tips:
- Check the Oil –Get in the habit of checking your engine’s oil a few times between oil changes. If you notice that your oil level is often lower than it should be, contact your mechanic before your “check oil” indicator comes on. Just adding oil every time that you notice it is low is not a good idea. This could result in big problems for your engine including: Oil Contamination, worn out engine seals, and even completely locking down your engine.
- Check the Tires — Check your tires’ pressure every 1,000 miles. Pressure gauges are a pretty cheap investment and easy to use. Good air pressure will help you maintain the best gas mileage for your vehicle. Also have your tires rotated regularly to keep tread wear even on all four tires.
- Check the Brakes — Your brakes should be checked any time that your vehicle is serviced. Look for problem signs like squealing/hissing noise, vibration, and brake pedal softness.
- Check the Transmission – A transmission problem can leave you stranded waiting for a tow. If you notice any signs of a transmission problem, you need to have your mechanic inspect is as soon as possible.
- Perform Manufacturer Recommended Services – Keep up with all scheduled maintenance on your vehicle as suggested in the owner’s manual. Following the manufacturer’s suggested maintenance will help to prolong the life of your vehicle.